Do I need a doctor's referral?
Where can I go for the spirometry test?
How can I book an appointment for spirometry?
What must I prepare before a spirometry test?
24 hours before the test
- Stop taking medications* as advised by your doctor or nurse
- Have a good night's sleep
1 hour before the test
- Do not smoke
- Wear comfortable, loose clothes that do not restrict the movement of your chest
*Medications to avoid:
To get the most accurate results, do not take any of these
inhaled or oral medications before your spirometry test.
What must I bring on that day?
- Your identity card, work pass or passport
- Your doctor's referral form that contains:
- Your personal particulars
- Name, MCR and signature of referring doctor
- Clinic name, address, contact number and stamp
- Test(s) to be performed
What is the procedure like?
- Your height and weight will be measured.
- Sit upright for the test.
- Take a deep breath and exhale hard and fast into a mouthpiece until you can't exhale anymore.
- Repeat the same test a few times to ensure consistent results, if needed.
- A bronchodilator challenge test (Post Test) may be performed upon your doctor's request.
- The whole procedure takes 20 to 45 minutes.
How do I make payment?
Credit cards (Masters/VISA) and NETS are preferred.
How do I collect my report?
You can collect your test result within 15 minutes.