Do I need a doctor's referral?
Where can I go for a BMD test?
How can I book a BMD appointment?
What must I prepare before a BMD test?
- You should not go for your test during this period:
- Within 72 hours after a nuclear bone scan, or
- Within 14 days after barium examination (barium meal, small bowel barium follow-through or barium enema), or
- Within 14 days after any radiology procedures (CT scan, MRI scan, angiogram or IVU) involving the injection of dye or contrast, or
- If you are or suspect that you are pregnant.
- No fasting is required.
- Do not take calcium supplements 24 hours prior to the test.
- Arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time for registration.
What must I bring on that day?
- Your identity card, work pass or passport
- Your doctor's referral form that contains:
- Your personal particulars
- Name, MCR and signature of referring doctor
- Clinic name, address, contact number and stamp
- Test to be performed
- Any of your previous X-rays (these may help in the interpretation of results)
What is the procedure like?
- Our staff will conduct an interview session with you to complete a lifestyle survey.
- You may be required to change into a procedure gown prior to the test.
- During the test, you will lie on your back on a padded table. A scanning "arm" will pass over your body.
- The process takes about 30 minutes.
How do I make payment?
At NHG Diagnostics counters
Credit cards (Mastercard/VISA), PayNow and NETS are preferred.
At community/corporate events
Credit cards (Mastercard/VISA), PayNow and NETS.
How do I collect my report?
If you were referred by a polyclinic or GP
- Your report will be sent your doctor within 5 working days.
- See your doctor to have your report reviewed.
If you were screened during an event
- Contact your event organiser for date of collection.