Do I need a doctor's referral?
How can I book an appointment for lab testing?
- No prior appointment is needed.
- After you obtain a doctor's referral, just:
- Visit any NHG Diagnostics Centre
- Go to the counter for registration with:
- your doctor’s referral form
- your identity card / work pass / passport
What must I prepare before going for a lab test?
Please check with your doctor as your blood tests may be fasting or non-fasting:
- Fast for 8 to 12 hours before your test. You can drink plain water to avoid dehydration.
- If you are on any medication or supplements, inform your doctor in advance.
- No special preparation needed.
If urine sample is required
- Keep your bladder full before the sample is collected.
What must I bring on that day?
- Your identity card, work pass or passport
- Your doctor's referral form that contains:
- Your personal particulars
- Name, MCR and signature of referring doctor
- Clinic name, address, contact number and stamp
- Test(s) to be performed
What is the procedure like?
Laboratory testing involves collecting samples such as blood, urine and stool.
Urine or stool sample
Our staff will issue you a clean bottle and advise you on the proper collection procedure.
- Our staff will disinfect the selected site on your arm with an alcohol swab.
- A needle will be inserted into your vein to draw your blood.
- It might cause some slight discomfort but rest assured that our staff are trained to make your experience safe, quick and comfortable.
How do I make payment?
Credit cards (Masters/VISA) and NETS are preferred.
How do I collect my report?
On-site tests: You can collect from our counter within 1 hour.
Send-out tests: You can collect from our counter in a few days' time.