Do I need a doctor's referral?
Where can I go for an ultrasound examination?
How can I book an ultrasound appointment?
What must I prepare before an ultrasound examination?
It depends on the type of ultrasound examination you are going for:
- Do not eat or drink for at least 6 hours before the scan.
Pelvic ultrasound (for non-pregnant female patients only)
- A full bladder is required. Drink at least 2 glasses of water 1 hour before the scan.
- Do not empty your bladder until the scan is over.
Other types of ultrasound examinations
- No preparation is required.
What must I bring on that day?
- Your identity card, work pass or passport
- Your doctor's referral form that contains:
- Your personal particulars
- Name, MCR and signature of referring doctor
- Clinic name, address, contact number and stamp
- Test(s) to be performed
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time for registration.
What is the procedure like?
- You will be positioned comfortably lying down on the scanning couch.
- The sonographer will apply some gel on the area of your body to be scanned and move an ultrasound probe over it.
- The whole process is usually completed within 30 minutes.
How do I make payment?
Credit cards (Masters/VISA) and NETS are preferred.
How do I collect my report?
- The report will be sent to your doctor's clinic within 5 working days.
- See your doctor for the interpretation of the result.